Local Holiday Gift-Giving IdeasNov 24, 2021 09:59AM ● By Dave Korba
1. Scented Soy Candles: These 100 percent U.S.-sourced soy wax candles come in reusable glass jars with lids. The small-batch candles are hand-poured locally. Six festive scents are available: Pumpkin Crunch, Snickerdoodle, Nordic Night, Mistletoe, Caramelized Pralines, and Dry Gin & Cyprus. Cotton wicks are lead- and zinc- free. 16 ounces, 80 hours burn time. $24.95. (SacredMoonCircle.com, located in Hanover).
2. Lavender LIGHT Products: Lavender LIGHT is the Signature Scent of ReikiSpace. All natural, long-lasting products include essential oil ($15), goat milk soap ($5), roll-on body oil ($15), bath salts ($14), amethyst candle ($20), mist ($15) and body lotion ($18/$8). Every product has an amethyst crystal within to boost healing properties. (ReikiByRickie.com, located in Harrisburg).
3. Locally Handcrafted Sunshine Aloe Soap: Mild soap for face and body. 100 percent vegan. Ingredients include organic calendula, fresh aloe, homegrown pumpkin leaves, fresh orange juice and orange essential oil. Herbs and plant material are infused into base oils: olive oil, coconut oil and eco-friendly, sustainable palm oil. This is real soap made by the hot process soap-making method. 4.8 ounces. $8. (BrownstoneStation.com/shop, located in Hummelstown).
4. Handmade Gemstone Bracelets: A variety to choose from, all reiki-charged, including the Magical-Self bracelet, with protecting and grounding energy, featuring rose quartz, matte lava rock, labradorite and clear quartz; measuring about seven inches in length on a stretchable elastic cord. Wear your favorite aromatherapy scents on the lava beads, which resonate with the heart, root and sacral chakras. $30. (AscensionHolistics.com, located in Palmyra).
5. The Gift of Health: Carlisle Bowen Works has been winning awards year after year for their effective alternative therapies. A gift certificate to Carlisle Bowen Works includes a wide range of services to choose from; massage, medical qigong, pastoral counseling, reiki, Bowen Therapy and more. Dollar amount of your choice. (CarlisleBowenWorkPA.com, located in Mechanicsburg).
6. Orgonite Pendants: A variety to choose from, crafted by local artisan Angela Benner. Orgonite is a mixture of crystals, metal–like copper—and resin. The resulting energetic properties may improve sleep, balance moods, relieve stress, clear stagnant energy and balance the electromagnetic field. Pendants range in price from $19 to $25. Other Orgonite products are available. (Gracefull-Heart.com, located in Carlisle).