The Elements of WellnessDec 30, 2022 09:31AM ● By Cynthia Johannes-Beecher
· The physical element involves healthy habits regarding what we eat, our physical activity and our sleep. It includes eating meals and snacks with nutritional value every day that are appropriate for the body. A diet rich in whole foods, meaning free from artificial ingredients or additives, which includes grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, is optimal.
· The intellectual element involves keeping our brain engaged. This includes formal learning, reading, problem solving, going to museums or lectures, taking in a movie or any other activity that stimulates the brain, causes us to think or piques our curiosity.
· The spiritual element is about having a sense of meaning, living by your principles and upholding our values. When this element is in balance, we may feel lighter and happier, with an enhanced ability to heal, both physically and mentally.
· The financial element is concerned with managing financial responsibilities in a way that allows us to pay current debt, save for the future and have a plan for emergencies.
· The environmental element includes our personal environment at home and at work. The cleanliness and safety of our surroundings greatly impact this element.
Cynthia Johannes-Beecher, MHA, RPh., RYT, owner and teacher at Your Yoga, is certified in daily mindfulness and aromatherapy. For more information, visit YorkYourYoga.com.